Our soy candles are poured using Ecosoya wax, which are biodegradable and free from pesticides. They contain no genetically modified material and manufactured using pure soy beans and contain no petroleum.
It is normal in soy wax for colors to fade/bleed/acquire a 'dusty'/'frosty' layer overtime.
We use 100% natural beeswax.
Beeswax has a superior burn to other type of candle wax because it has the hightest melting point. Beeswax is also known to be a natural ioniser when it is burning, purifying your air of dust, pollen, odours, toxins, mould and mildew whilst leaving a light, natural honey scent.
Burning Tips & Candle Care
- Burn your candle for at least 2 hours (and no more than 4 hours) or until the wax is melted all the way to the glass to prevent tunnelling
- Keep wick trimmed to 1/4 inch to ensure that your candle is burning gently; your candle will burn quicker and smoke if the wick is too long and will be not burn as well if the wick is too short
- Allow the candle to cool before relighting them and before cutting the ball at the end of the wick
- Do not leave your candles unattended and placed away from draft, children and pets and always place candles on a heat-resistant base and set on a level stable surface
- Keep candles away from sunlight and heat sources - candles will lose its scent and discolour when placed in direct sunlight; when burning many candles together, place them apart to prevent uneven burning
- Keep the burn pool clean; you may wash soy candle gently in cool water - make sure it is air dry before use
- If the candle is creating an uneven burn, simple adjust the wick to the centre of the container or the side that needs more heat
- Simply wipe the black that are inside the jar, if any, with damp cloth
Burning you Doll Heads
Make sure the Doll Head candle is placed on a flat, steady plate/candle dish and burn for 3-4 hours at a time. Always keep an eye out on the first burn and wait for the initial leak. Keep wick trimmed to 1/4inch to ensure it burns gently. If the candle is creating an uneven burn, simply adjust the wick (not with your fingers!) to the center of the Doll Head, or to the side that needs more heat.
If the wax is dripping too much, simply blow the candle out and wait until the leaked wax has slightly solidify. Scoop up the wax and place it back in the candle, blocking the leak holes. Wait until the wax has completely harden, trim the wick and relight.
If your Doll Heads or The Skull candle get "frosty", simply wipe the candle gently with tea towel or serviette
Burning the Skull / Large Brain candle
Similar to the burning instruction of Doll Heads, however, from our experience we blow the candle out after it starts dripping (this may take between 5-10 minutes within the first burn. Seal the leak trail straight away with hardening soy wax and wait until it becomes completely solid. You should be able to burn your candle nicely for 3-4 hours at a time from now on. Just remember, once it drips/leaks, blow it out and seal it.
Burning Not All There - Bleeding Edition
Our tested Not All There candle has a first burn of 3 hours. You can plan when you'd like your candle to start 'bleeding' by keeping an eye out on how wide the candle is burning.
Place your candle on a steady plate/candle dish. Once it starts to bleed, you can either keep it burning (although the melt wax will keep pouring out of the hold and reduce your candle's burn time) or simply blow the candle out. To keep the candle burning for longer, you may have to burn your candle for no more than 2 hours going forward.
Burning Mini Brain Candle
Place the candle on a steady plate/candle dish. Our tested Brain Candle burned for approx 15-30 minutes before it starts to 'leak'. Once it does, blow the candle out and use the soft melted wax to seal in the leak, same as the technique used for The Skull candle above. Once the wax is cool and hardened, relight.
Our melts are designed to be used within a large oil burner. If you suspect your oil burner is too small, simply break the melt in half.
In certain conditions, wax can solidify at the top, causing a 'popping' or 'bubbling' effect, which may spray out of the oil burner. We recommend only using a small amount at a time. Do not add water to the soy melt.
Your soy melt will cool and solidify after you've extinguish the tea light candle. You can either re-use the tart or tap it out; you can place your oil burner in the freezer for a short time and it will easily release. The easiest way to clean your oil burner after the fragrance has disappeared is to tip the melted wax out and wash the oil burner in hot, soapy water.